Leasing premises is a major investment decision, but unfortunately many people don’t appreciate just how complex a commercial lease can be and how it can be fraught with potential problems. A lease is a legally-binding contract that defines the terms and conditions of a tenancy agreement between a landlord and tenant. It covers a number of important terms and conditions so it's important to get legal advice specific to your business.
Retail leases are treated differently to other commercial leases and are covered by a set of unique rules that need to be understood in detail.
We have extensive experience acting for landlords and tenants in respect to commercial leases, including retail, office and industrial leases. We can assist in the negotiation and drafting of your lease to help you to understand your rights and obligations - regardless of the business you're in.
Whether you're a landlord or tenant, you need expert legal advice regarding your lease, to ensure your occupancy agreements meet your commercial goals and are in the best interests of your business.
- Advising you on commercial terms and conditions, including your Letter of Offer
- Commercial, industrial, retail and shopping centre leasing
- Drafting and negotiating lease agreements
- Assigning, varying or surrendering your lease
- Enforcing the terms and conditions of your lease
- Transferring of lease
- Agreements for lease
- Heads of Agreement
- Extensions or renewal of lease
- Surrender of lease
- General commercial leasing advice and documents